EFFECTIVE DATE: January 27, 2021
Thank you for your interest in participating in Equinox Media LLC’s (“Equinox Media,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) Trade-In Program (the “Program”)! Subject to these Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions (“Program Terms”) and as further described below, the Program allows individuals to trade in an eligible stationary exercise bike (“Trade-In Bike”) and receive a credit from Equinox Media to be applied toward a qualifying purchase of a new SoulCycle at-home bike (“SoulCycle Bike”).
- Program Overview. Subject to these Trade-In Terms, you may be able to trade in an eligible Trade-In Bike in order to receive a rebate on your purchase of a new SoulCycle Bike (as applicable, a “Trade-In Rebate”) as follows:
- Smart Trade-In Bikes: Trade-In Bikes that feature a video screen displaying live, on-demand or simulated video-based exercise classes (“Smart Trade-In Bikes”) are eligible to receive a Trade-In Rebate of up to seven hundred dollars ($700).
- Standard Trade-In Bikes: Trade-In Bikes that do not qualify as Smart Trade-In Bikes (“Standard Trade-In Bikes”) are eligible to receive a Trade-In Rebate of up to five hundred dollars ($500).
- Eligibility to Participate. All Program participants and Trade-In Bikes must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to receive the Trade-In Rebate:
- Participant Eligibility.
(i)You are 18 years of age or older;
(ii)Your Trade-In Bike is located in one of the 48 contiguous U.S. states or Washington D.C., as the Program is currently not available in any other location;
(iii)You are purchasing your first SoulCycle Bike and are electing the Trade-In Offer in the same transaction as further described in Section 3 below;
(iv)You are the sole owner of the Trade-In Bike(s), free and clear of any liens or encumbrances, that you intend to trade in through the Program and have all rights necessary to participate in the Program;
(v)You agree that full ownership of such Trade-In Bike(s), free and clear of any liens or encumbrances, will be transferred to Equinox Media in exchange for the Trade-In Rebate;
(vi)You agree that any Trade-In Bike you trade in to Equinox Media will not be returned to you under any circumstances and that any data, content or accessories stored on the Trade-In Bike cannot be recovered.
- Trade-in Bike Eligibility.
(i)The Trade-In Bike must have its entire frame, all components, power cord, and tablet (if applicable) intact and be in good physical and operational condition, as determined solely by Equinox Media or its applicable third-party logistics provider (“Logistics Provider”);
(ii)The Trade-In Bike must be free of adhesives, paint or cosmetic markings, cracks, dents, rust or other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear;
(iii)The tablet on the Trade-Bike screen (if applicable) must power on, function normally with an intact and functioning display, and have no adhesives, paint or cosmetic markings, cracks or other serious cosmetic damage.
Equinox Media will not accept any Trade-In Bike if Equinox Media suspects fraud or theft or is otherwise unable to verify any of the above eligibility criteria. All determinations about the condition of the Trade-In Bike are at Equinox Media’s or its Logistics Provider’s sole discretion and are final at the time of inspection. Please have proof of purchase available.
- Applying to Receive a Trade-In Offer. If you are interested in participating in the Program, you must first complete the Bike Trade-In Request form accessible here (“Application Form”) to provide certain required information about yourself and the Trade-In Bike you wish to exchange. After you submit the Application Form, Equinox Media will review your submission and send you an email at the email address provided within the Application Form (“Approval Email”) notifying you whether you’ve been approved to participate in the Program and the value of the Trade-In Rebate you’ve been approved for if applicable (“Trade-In Offer”). This Trade-In Offer is non-transferrable, non-refundable, and not redeemable for cash or any other consideration other than what is quoted by Equinox Media in connection with the Program. Only one (1) Trade-In Bike may be exchanged and credited in any Trade-In Offer for the purchase of one (1) SoulCycle Bike.
- Confirming Acceptance of Your Trade-In Offer. After you’ve been notified that you’ve been approved to receive a Trade-In Offer via the Approval Email, you must reply to the Approval Email to confirm that you wish to proceed with redeeming the Trade-In Offer.
Please note that the Approval Email only notifies you that you have received a valid Trade-In Offer and that you have the option of proceeding with the Trade-In Offer. To proceed and for the Trade-In Offer to apply, you must confirm your acceptance of the Trade-In Offer by replying to the Approval Email prior to purchasing a SoulCycle Bike.
Your Trade-In Offer will be valid for thirty (30) days from the date of the Approval Email. You must confirm your acceptance and complete your purchase of a SoulCycle Bike within thirty (30) days from receipt of the Approval Email to redeem the Trade-In Offer.
- Purchase the SoulCycle Bike. After you have confirmed your acceptance of the Trade-In Offer, you may purchase a SoulCycle Bike. In order to receive the Trade-In Offer, you must purchase the SoulCycle Bike utilizing the same name and email address that you provided within your Application Form. After your purchase is complete, you will receive information on how to schedule your delivery of the SoulCycle Bike from our Logistics Provider.
- Pick-Up of Trade-In Bike. Your eligible Trade-In Bike will be picked up by our Logistics Provider on your scheduled delivery date and at your scheduled delivery location. Title to the Trade-in Bike passes to Equinox Media upon pick-up of the Trade-In Bike by our Logistics Provider. If your Trade-In Bike is not available for pick-up on your scheduled delivery date and at your scheduled delivery location, your SoulCycle Bike will be delivered and you will not be eligible for the Trade-In Rebate.
- Trade-In Rebate. After pick-up of your eligible Trade-In Bike is complete and verified by Equinox Media, Equinox Media will issue the Trade-In Rebate within approximately ten (10) business days as follows based on your payment method utilized for the purchase of your SoulCycle Bike:
(i) Payment Card: If you purchased your SoulCycle Bike through a payment card, the value of your Trade-In Rebate will be refunded to the original payment method specified in your account or to a different payment method if you have changed your payment information within your account.
(ii) Financing: If you purchased your SoulCycle Bike through the Bread financing program, the value of your Trade-In Rebate will be refunded to Bread and will thereafter be applied against the outstanding balance you owe to Bread in connection with your financed purchase.
By participating in the Program, you acknowledge and agree that your Trade-In Rebate will be issued and applied solely as described above.
- Additional Program Terms.
- Trade-In Pick-Up Cancellation. You may cancel your Trade-In Offer’s pick-up up to twenty-four (24) hours before your Trade-In Bike is scheduled to be picked up by our Logistics Provider. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to cancel your Trade-In Offer.
- SoulCycle Bike Returns. If you return your SoulCycle Bike in accordance with our Bike Returns policy available within our Terms and Conditions, you will receive a refund in accordance with that policy. If your Trade-In Rebate has already been issued for your purchase of the SoulCycle Bike, the value of your Trade-In Rebate will be deducted from the amount refunded on your purchase. Under no circumstances will you receive any return of, refund, credit or other value for the Trade-In Bike or the value of the Trade-In Rebate, even if your Trade-In Bike has already been picked up by Equinox Media. All Trade-In Bike pick-ups are final.
- Approvals and Trade-In Rebates. You acknowledge and agree that Equinox Media’s approval of your participation in the Program, the value of your Trade-In Rebate and the eligibility of your Trade-In Bike will be determined in Equinox Media’s sole and absolute discretion. During pick-up, our Logistics Partner will inspect your Trade-In Bike and may (in consultation with Equinox Media or in its sole discretion) reject any Trade-In Bike failing to meet the eligibility requirements set forth above or deviating from the information provided in the Application Form, and Equinox Media further reserves the right to subsequently verify and reject any Trade-In Bike failing to meet the eligibility requirements set forth above or deviating from the information provided in the Application Form. Equinox Media also retains the right in our discretion to adjust the value of your Trade-In Rebate based on the actual make, model, functionality and operating condition of the Trade-In Bike received. You will not receive any Trade-In Rebate for any rejected Trade-In Bike or be entitled to return of any Trade-In Bike that is subsequently rejected.
- Data Removal. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for removing all data, including all confidential and personal data, from your Trade-In Bike before returning it to us. You must also log out of any active membership or subscriptions and disable any factory reset protection and any activation locks that may be included on your Trade-In Bike. To do so, you should return the device to its factory settings within the settings menu of the device. You will not be able to access any data on your Trade-In Bike following pick-up of your Trade-In Bike, and it is your sole responsibility to back-up any files or data from your Trade-In Bike that you wish to retain prior to trading in your Trade-In Bike. NEITHER EQUINOX MEDIA NOR ITS LOGISTICS PROVIDERS ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOST FILES OR DATA OR ANY INADVERTENT DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL OR PERSONAL DATA THAT HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUR TRADE-IN BIKE PRIOR TO PROVIDING TO US FOR PICK-UP.
- Active Financing or Subscriptions. You acknowledge and agree that if you purchased your Trade-In Bike under any financing or installment plan or otherwise are enrolled in any active memberships or subscriptions in connection with your Trade-In Bike, you will be solely responsible for any and all remaining payments under such plan, membership or subscription, including any contract termination fees that may be applicable. Please carefully review the terms of your plans, memberships or subscriptions prior to participating in the Trade-In Program. Equinox Media is not a party to those agreements and assumes no responsibility for your failure to comply with any obligations you have to any other party.
- Trade-In Bike Handling. You understand, agree, and permit Equinox Media or its applicable Logistics Provider to recycle, shred, destroy, repair, resell, donate and otherwise handle the Trade-In Bike in any manner it determines.
- Limitation of Liability. In addition to and without limiting anything set forth in Equinox Media’s Terms and Conditions, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NONE OF THE EQUINOX MEDIA ENTITIES (AS DEFINED IN EQUINOX MEDIA’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF AN EQUINOX MEDIA ENTITY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING ANY TRADE-IN OFFERS, THE SOULCYCLE BIKE OR ANY TRADE-IN BIKE); (ii) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM; OR (iii) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAM.
- Disputes. Any dispute or claim arising from or relating to these Program Terms or the Trade-In Program is subject to the binding arbitration, governing law, class-action waiver, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, and all other terms of Equinox Media’s Terms and Conditions.
- Severability. If any provision (or part of any provision) of these Program Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Program Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- Accessing Trade-In Terms. A link to these Program Terms, found at https://shop.equinoxplus.com/pages/trade-in-program-terms-conditions, will be included in your Approval Email.
- Changes by Equinox Media. Equinox Media reserves the right to substitute, change, cancel or add to any part of these Program Terms at any time, including terminating the Trade-In Program or modifying these Program Terms.
- Verification by Equinox Media. Equinox Media reserves the right to takes steps Equinox Media believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and verify compliance with any part of these Program Terms (including but not limited to Equinox Media’s right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your redemption of the Trade-In Offer or use of the SoulCycle Bike provided, or any third party claim that your participation or Trade-In Bike is unlawful or infringes any third party's rights).
- Cancellation by Equinox Media. We reserve the right to decline or cancel your participation in the Trade-In Program or any Trade-In Offer, with or without advance notice, in our sole discretion, including if we believe that your participation is ineligible under the Program Terms above or is otherwise enabling a fraudulent or illegal purpose.