BY PURCHASING OR USING YOUR RECERTIFIED SOULCYCLE AT-HOME BIKE (THE “RECERTIFIED BIKE”), YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY (“RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY”) OFFERED BY EQUINOX MEDIA LLC (“EQUINOX MEDIA,” “WE,” “OUR,” AND/OR “US”) AS SET FORTH BELOW. DO NOT PURCHASE OR USE THE RECERTIFIED BIKE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS OF THE RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY, DO NOT PURCHASE THE RECERTIFIED BIKE.
BY PURCHASING YOUR RECERTIFIED BIKE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING A USED, PRE-OWNED SOULCYCLE AT-HOME BIKE SUBJECT TO THE SPECIFIC TERMS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY. Recertified Bikes are not eligible for the standard Limited Warranty provided in connection with the sale of new SoulCycle at-home bikes.
Recertified Limited Warranty Coverage
Equinox Media warrants the Recertified Bike to be free from defects in workmanship and material that materially affect the functional performance of the Recertified Bike, when used in accordance with Equinox Media’s published guidelines and solely for indoor, in-home, non-commercial use, for the following periods (as applicable, the “Warranty Period”):
Touchscreen: 60 days
Bike Hardware Parts (excluding Bike Frame): 60 days
Bike Frame: 60 days
The Recertified Limited Warranty only covers defects in workmanship or material that materially affect the functional performance of the Recertified Bike discovered within the applicable Warranty Period described above, which shall be measured from the date of delivery of the Recertified Bike. The Warranty Period for any replacement or repaired component shall continue for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or 30 days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period required by applicable law.
Equinox Media’s obligation under the Recertified Limited Warranty, and your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of a covered defect arising within the Warranty Period, is limited to Equinox Media (or its designees or representatives) repairing or replacing, at our discretion to the extent permitted by applicable law, the affected Recertified Bike, component or part with the same or a comparable model. All repairs or replacements for claims under the Recertified Limited Warranty must be pre-authorized by Equinox Media and performed through one of our authorized service providers.
The Recertified Limited Warranty is non-transferrable and extends only to the original purchaser while in possession of the Recertified Bike. If the Recertified Bike is purchased as a gift, the owner of the original Equinox Plus subscription utilized on the Recertified Bike will be deemed the Recertified Limited Warranty holder.
It is the responsibility of the original purchaser to ensure that all functional parts are initially configured and adjusted properly and to regularly and timely perform all normal maintenance services necessary to keep the Recertified Bike in good operating condition in accordance with Equinox Media’s published guidelines. Equinox Media’s published guidelines include but are not limited to the information, instructions and/or warnings contained in our user manuals, safety instructions, technical specifications and service communications.
Where permitted by law, replacement components or parts reconditioned to a functionally equivalent condition by Equinox Media or our service providers may be supplied as warranty replacement and constitute fulfillment of the Recertified Limited Warranty.
Exclusions and Limitations
There are several important exclusions and limitations to the Recertified Limited Warranty, and you should read each of these carefully. The Recertified Limited Warranty shall be void and does not apply:
- To cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, corrosion, rust, discoloration of materials or any other change in cosmetic appearance that does not affect performance;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by operating the Recertified Bike outside Equinox Media’s published guidelines, including but not limited to the information, instructions and warnings contained in our user manuals, safety instructions, technical specifications and/or service communications;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by improper or negligent assembly, maintenance, installation, tampering, relocation or repair (other than as caused by Equinox Media’s authorized service providers) of the Recertified Bike;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, liquid contact, theft, vandalism, fire, earthquake, flood, lightning, freezing or any other natural disasters or acts of God, power reduction, fluctuations or failures from whatever cause, introduction of debris, dust or other foreign objects or other external cause;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Recertified Bike;
- To protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time or batteries, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by service (including repairs and replacements) that is not pre-authorized by Equinox Media or performed through one of our authorized service providers;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by use with a third-party component, part or product not made available for use with the Recertified Bike by Equinox Media or that is not expressly approved for use with the Recertified Bike within the Recertified Bike’s specifications or our published guidelines;
- If the Recertified Bike has been used for any purpose other than indoor, in-home, non-commercial use in a single household;
- If the Recertified Bike has been transferred or sold to any party other than the original purchaser or gift recipient;
- To damage or equipment failure caused by moving or relocating the Recertified Bike from its original delivery location. In addition, labor may not be covered if you move the Recertified Bike out of Equinox Media’s service area;
- If the Recertified Bike has been modified, including to alter functionality or capability, without the express written permission of Equinox Media, or if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Recertified Bike;
- To software, regardless of whether sold with or embedded within the Recertified Bike, and including without limitation the Equinox Plus service. Equinox Media does not warrant that the operation of the Recertified Bike or any software will be uninterrupted, secure or free of errors, viruses or other harmful components;
- To Internet connectivity;
- To any Recertified Bikes that Equinox Media reasonably believes to be stolen, counterfeit, or resold; or
- To any other exclusions or limitations described elsewhere in the Recertified Limited Warranty.
Obtaining Recertified Limited Warranty Service
To be eligible for service under the Recertified Limited Warranty, you must contact our Member Experience team. We recommend that you review your user manual and our online resources, including our Frequently Asked Questions, before seeking Recertified Limited Warranty service. If the Recertified Bike is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, please contact our Member Experience team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-844-782-7447. A Member Experience representative will help determine whether your Recertified Bike requires service and, if it does, will inform you how Equinox Media or our authorized service provider will provide it.
Disclaimer; Warranty Limitations
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. EQUINOX MEDIA DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, EQUINOX MEDIA LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD FOR THIS EXPRESS RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY AND, AT EQUINOX MEDIA’S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS RECERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL EQUINOX MEDIA BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSS (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OR USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE OF ASSETS OR SECURITIES, DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE OR ECONOMIC LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE PURCHASE, REPAIR, MAINTENANCE OR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR YOU INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE RECERTIFIED BIKE OR ANY COMPONENT, PART, MATERIALS OR CONTENT THEREOF OR THEREIN, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
No Equinox Media employee, agent, contractor, representative or other third party is authorized to make any further assurance, modification, extension or addition or otherwise add any other obligation to the Recertified Limited Warranty. If any term of the Recertified Limited Warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by law, and all other terms of the Recertified Limited Warranty will remain valid and enforceable.
The Recertified Limited Warranty does not apply to any other Equinox Media products or services. The Recertified Limited Warranty does not cover any other products or services distributed but not manufactured by Equinox Media, which are subject to their respective manufacturer’s warranties.
Any disputes between you and Equinox Media related to the Recertified Limited Warranty will be governed by the Equinox Media Terms and Conditions between you and Equinox Media, including the arbitration and dispute resolution procedures described in the Terms and Conditions.